Saturday, March 26, 2016

Today (A year later)

So I have been starting over every morning I open my eyes. I'm realizing a year has gone by since I began documenting this journey and as I anticipated, I left out all the nitty gritty details that have brought me to this point.
I'm truly surprised I'm still here honestly. These last 3 years especially have been the darkest night my soul has seen. And the truth is, I wouldn't trade it for the richness of joy I have today.
Someone said during this time, "Without the darkness you would never see all the millions of stars." Those stars were my christian friends and everything He used to keep me looking up.
Tonight during our Seder meal I was sharing about the freedom from slavery God brought in Exodus to the fulfillment of it with Jesus. I didn't realize until now that I have missed something very important about this Good News. Great suffering, pain, humiliation, confusion, doubt, despair, and death all proceeded the resurrection. So as I feel alive this Easter for the first time - maybe ever; I concur with this sobering truth, "you can't be raised with Christ, unless you have died with Him."
"I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" Philippians 3:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment