Thursday, April 2, 2015

I think I'm getting it!

After a great conversation with a friend, I still left without any answers.....AGAIN. I was asking myself, "what am I searching for in my days?" What makes a good day or a bad day? Is it circumstance, attitude, feelings, perspective? Why does happiness seem like water evaporating the minute I wake up? Bear with me...I read this one line about Jesus, The Savior of the world!, the One who knew the end all along "he was a man full of sorrow, acquainted with grief" We know he was a lowly carpenter. We know Jesus was FULLY human and felt the same fears and pains we do. Yet He wasn't skipping around smiling while He happily shared the truth and love of God with all men. His own brothers in his house rejected him. Sounds "fun"! ....and then in Hebrews 12 we read the reason "He endured the cross, was for the JOY set before Him" that's it. So if we're to "take up our cross daily" why do we think it should be easy, enjoyable, or fun? No one likes to -endure- anything. But we do endure this life for the JOY set before us. There IS more! This is the part of God's story through each of us that have believed, where He shows the world-my children are not living for what's been given to them on earth, but for their inheritance I have for those who finish the race. ~ so what I 'get' today~ is that my joy is founded on the Rock of my salvation through Christ Jesus. And THAT is enough~

No comments:

Post a Comment