Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A gift to my mom 11 years ago...,

Click Here to read my poem

A friend scanned and sent me this old poem I wrote my mom in 2004 for Mother's Day. I had forgotten about it and reading it today brought grace for myself as a mom in such a way that gave me freedom again to be- just where I am.

I'm not responsible to give my kids the best childhood ever, I'm not responsible to even make it enjoyable (although it's a bonus) I've been given these treasures, yes, and I treasure them, but at the end of the day I'm to remind them, God and ONLY God is their reason for existence, and He is the only one with the gifts to give them to accomplish whatever race He sets out for them. So, at the end of today, my hope is not to be the best mom, but to teach my kids there is a God who has forgiven them MUCH, and for them to forgive me and all the others who WILL fail them~

THIS is freeing.

I'm thankful for a mom who always pointed me to Jesus~


"Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:31-32

1 comment: